Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ahhhhh.... Still Waiting

I went to the Dr. yesterday and we are still waiting. If the baby isn't here by next week we will talk about inducing. I had to take a non stress test to check on the baby because I am overdue. They monitored the baby's heart rate and contractions I was having. Everything looks great with the baby which is wonderful and I am having small contractions with a couple of significant ones. Most of my contractions hit the 20 line and I had about 2 or 3 that hit the 40 line. I am still feeling no pain from the contractions which I feel blessed and a little scared about. I feel a little tightening but nothing bad. It's a little scary because I am not feeling pain, so I won't really know how to time them. I can't always go by the tightening because she said that the baby is so big that my uterus is so tight I probably won't feel that much tightening. I gained another inch in my measurement. I am measuring at 41 weeks now. I think I am more anxious about meeting the baby then I am about not being pregnant anymore. Again, Brandon and our families have been wonderful. I get phone calls everyday from people checking on me and I really appreciate the fact that they are thinking of me. I have given myself little projects to do everyday because I want to keep busy not only to keep my mind off of being late but also to keep myself moving around because that is what is good for the baby. We will keep posting information as we get it.

1 comment:

Curtis Donnohue said...

I cannot wait for the moment I check this blog and find a picture of little baby Burling.

I'm betting he or she comes out with a cap of dark curls. You know, so gramma has a handle for when they go fishing. :-p