Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The frustrations of Life

I have been fighting DIRECTV for a month now. We signed up for DIRECTV in early Dec. We had a referral number from my brother and Andrea for $10 off for 10 months. When I called I told the women that I spoke to that I had the referral number. She told me to give it to the installer. He took the information but said that he did not know anything about it and to watch the bill and make sure it came off. In Dec., it was not off the bill, so I called. I spoke with 5 people and the last girl said it was taken care of. She had left a note on my file and if we had problems to call back.

So the January bill came and it wasn't off. Brandon called and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I called back that same evening. They said they would take care of it and to call back in 14 days to make sure it went through the system. I called back yesterday and she said it was never sent through the system and wouldn't be. I had called the wrong number. All the information I had said DIRECTV. She them said that lots of companies seel DIRECTV and they don't give the discounts if that is the line you call. I called the DIRECTV 800 number. Nowhere does it say that there are certain numbers to call or that actually you are buying it through another company. My feeling is that if their name is on it they have to stick by the promises. So, yesterday, I emailed the company and I wrote a letter. I basically said if the issue was not resolved I would contact the BBB about the deception.

Am I wrong? Nowhere did it say that it wasn't actually DIRECTV that I was ordering from. I have all my information and have been led to believe that everything would have been taken care of everytime I called. They deceived me for over a month. I refuse to cancel until the contract is up because they I would have to pay huge fees for cancelling. But if this is not taken care of I will spread the word about how they lied and led me to believe things that won't actually happen.

Sorry about my rambling about this issue it is just frustrating and I won't be taken advantage of.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Any luck with DirectTV yet?

leonburling48 said...

I am a relative of yours and if you have all the paper work regarding your directtv and it shows in the contract that you are supposed to get that discount then they are in direct violation of the contract which means that they are in breach of contract and you will not have to pay any fees for cutting off your servises with them. But be sure to take everything to an attorney so that you will have legal back up.